- 5 each 16/20 shrimp, tail on P&D, skewered, 5 per skewer
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (cooked, chilled)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup small onions (diced small)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 Tbsp. (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. jalapeño pepper (diced small, optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 oz. Grilling Sauce
- Grilling Sauce:
- 1 cup Marzetti™ Hot Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
For the Grilling Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until use.
For the Pico de Gallo Rice
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, lime juice, cilantro, vegetable oil, jalapeños (if desired) and season to taste as if making pico de gallo.
- Mix the pico in with the chilled basmati rice and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Heat as necessary.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Season the grill with some vegetable oil or spray pan release and cook the shrimp on both sides until almost cooked through, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Lightly brush with the Grilling Sauce, flip and repeat until glazed, taking care not to burn the glaze.
- Place atop the Pico de Gallo Rice and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges as desired.