- 1 lb Marzetti Frozen Pasta® Penne Rigati
- 1 lb Bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, chopped
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Beef broth
- 1 cup Carrots, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 small Zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a Dutch oven cook sausage, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic until meat is no longer pink and onions and green pepper are tender. Drain.
Add tomatoes, beef broth, carrots, and oregano to sausage mixture. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes or until carrots are almost tender, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and Marzetti Frozen Pasta® Penne Rigati, cook 3 to 5 additional minutes or until zucchini is crisp tender and soup is heated through.
Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 8 servings.