- 3 pieces New York Bakery® Wheat Mini Garlic Toast made with Whole Grain
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1 (18.5 oz) can Onion soup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped or 1/2 tsp dried
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Bake New York Bakery® Wheat Mini Garlic Toast made with Whole Grain according to package directions. Cool toasts and cut into 1-1/2″ pieces.
Melt butter in a deep saucepan; add onions and sauté until onions are tender and caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add soup, water, thyme, pepper and sherry and simmer for 15 minutes.
Evenly distribute bread pieces into four bowls and ladle soup into bowls.
Preheat oven to broil.
Divide and sprinkle both types of cheese over soup. Transfer bowls to a baking tray and place in oven on middle rack of oven. Broil until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 30 to 50 seconds.