- 6 1/4 cups Marzetti® Apple Vinaigrette
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 4 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 12 Egg whites
- 6 lbs (approx 28 cups) cups Raw pecan halves
- 25 Pears, firm
- 12 Red apples, thinly sliced
- 12 Green apples, thinly sliced
- 16.5 lbs Field greens
- 12 Medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 12 cups Crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spoon sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl or plastic bag. Mix well and set aside. Place egg white in a separate bowl, whisk until frothy and then add pecans. Toss to coat completely. Add pecans to cinnamon-sugar and toss well to coat all pecans. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to cool, breaking them up with a spatula.
Meanwhile, toss pears, apples, greens, onion slices and cheese in a large serving bowl. Add pecans once they have cooled. Drizzle Marzetti® Apple Vinaigrette over salad, toss to combine and serve immediately.
Serves large party.