Millennials are taking every industry by storm, so of course they will not stop when it comes to dining out. They’re challenging their taste buds with the hottest of dishes, and are exploring spice of varying degrees. Expect this fiery trend to light up even more menus this year.
According to Restaurant Business, “Driven by the adventurous palates of millennials and an increasingly diverse population, spicy will grow across various terms, segments and cuisines in 2015.”
Yet millennials seek more than the slow burn of Sriracha. As Technomic executive vice president Darren Tristano notes in a recent Flavor & The Menu Article, “They (Millennials) are actively seeking out new flavors on a regular basis, and they’re looking for bold, spicy, adventurous flavors.”
Marzetti® offers several dressings and sauces that align perfectly with this trend. Flavors range from a creamy, peppery bite to sweet and smoky with a bold kick.
Check out these recipes and plus ones to add adventure your menu:
- Mixed Greens with Charred Corn using Chipotle Ranch Dressing (Pictured)
- Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles using Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing
- California Flatbread using Chipotle Ranch Dressing and Sweet & Bold BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Crab Dip using Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Cuban Panini using Stone Ground Honey Mustard Dressing
- For other spicy alternatives, check out some suggested +1 recipes to heat up Ranch & Blue Cheese Dressings for a quick menu addition.
Keep your restaurant a “hot” topic among Millennials by featuring the latest cuisine trends with Marzetti® recipes and dressings.