- 4 Sister Schubert’s® Wheat Rolls made with Whole Grain
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Sundried tomatoes, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 slices Roast turkey or ham
- 4 slices Swiss, Monterey Jack or Gruyere cheese
- 8 small slices Red onion
- 1 cup Fresh spinach leaves for several fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat grill pan or Panini machine to medium heat.
Optional: Sundried Tomato Mayonnaise – Whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise, sundried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut Sister Schubert’s® Wheat Rolls made with Whole Grain in half and spread center of each roll with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise or prepared Sundried Tomato Mayonnaise. Assemble sandwiches with turkey or ham, cheese, red onion, spinach and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread small amount of butter on top and bottom of each roll; place sandwich either in pan on onto panini machine and grill. Cook 5 to 7 minutes.
(If using a pan, press sandwich down with a pan lid. Cook sandwiches about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted.)