- 5 Sister Schubert’s® Wheat Rolls made with Whole Grain
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 20-24 small Frozen meatballs, defrosted
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 (28 oz) jar Spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly mist a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray.
Split Sister Schubert’s® Wheat Rolls made with Whole Grain in half horizontally and place in bottom of prepared pan. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan: add peppers and onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add Italian herb seasoning to vegetables and remove from heat.
To assemble casserole, layer bread with meatballs, peppers, onions and 4 oz of cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce and chicken stock and pour over all.
Top with remaining cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.