- 1/4 cup Marzetti® Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch Kale - trimmed, washed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Pea shoots (optional)
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 2 oz Crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds or chopped pistachios
Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Cut kale into half pieces and toss the leaves with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Grill kale leaves about 1 minute per side. The edges of the leaves should be crispy. Transfer leaves to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
Place kale, red onions and pea shoots in a bowl, add Marzetti® Red Wine Vinaigrette and toss to coat. Place mixture on plate, add blackberries and sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.
Alternative Suggestion: Turn this salad into a vegetarian main course by adding some cooked quinoa or brown rice.