Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are there alternate uses for Marzetti Foodservice Dressing?
A: Absolutely! Marzetti Dressings can be used in a variety of applications: pasta salads, marinades, pizza sauces, sandwich spreads, dips and much more. Visit our Foodservice Recipes section to view all of the delicious recipes using Marzetti Foodservice Dressing. Bring in one product and use in a variety of menu applications to increase cost effectiveness.
Q: How do I obtain the ingredients and Nutrition Facts for a specific product?
A: Select “Products & Services” at top of the page. Select product category from list at left. Select a heading bar in the center of the page. Click “Download PDF” next to the product name to view specific product information including ingredients, Nutrition Facts, shelf life, pack sizes and recipes.
Q: Do Marzetti Foodservice products contain allergens?
A: Yes. The major 8 allergens as defined by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Act (FALCP) will be clearly defined within the ingredient statement. In addition to this declaration often the optional “contains” statement will be at the end of the ingredient statement. Allergens are always declared in this manner and never “hidden” under the heading of spices or natural and/or artificial flavors.
Q: Are there any Marzetti Foodservice Dressings and dips without gluten?
A: Yes. Please see gluten status listing
Q: Do Marzetti Foodservice products contain trans fat?
A: Marzetti was an industry leader by removing trans fat from our New York Brand® garlic bread and toast items. Marzetti Foodservice products contain 0g trans fat per serving with the exception of 41308 30013 Beef Tortellini.
Q: Are Marzetti dressings available in single-serve portions?
A: Yes, see our Portion Control section under Dressings & Sauces to view the wide selection of Marzetti packets and cups.
Q: What is the shelf life of Marzetti Foodservice dressings?
A: All foodservice gallons have a shelf life of 120 days from date of manufacture. Foodservice barbecue sauce, single serve pouches and cups, croutons, #83529, #83549 and #82828 have a 180 day shelf life.
Q: What are some food handling guidelines to ensure a high quality safe product?
- DO read the product’s label to determine appropriate storage. Unless labeling indicates refrigerated storage — unopened containers of salad dressings can be stored at room temperature. If labeling indicates refrigerated storage — store at 40°F.
- DO refrigerate opened containers of salad dressings to maintain fresh quality and best flavor.
- DO follow code date expiration dates (if available) to maintain quality and best flavor.
- DO NOT freeze salad dressings as this may change the consistency, texture and thickness.
- DO NOT store salad dressings for prolonged periods of time at temperatures above 90°F as high temperatures will accelerate loss of fresh flavor.
Q: How do I Avoid Cross-Contamination and Changing the Product
- DO keep all ready-to-eat foods, including salad dressings, away from raw foods and dirty equipment. For example, do not store raw meat or poultry above salad dressing containers.
- DO use separate and clean utensils for dispensing salad dressings.
- DO cover opened containers of salad dressings during storage.
- DO clean and sanitize refillable containers used for dispensing salad dressings before refilling.
- DO ensure containers of salad dressings are properly rotated.
- DO NOT return unused portions of salad dressings to the original container. These portions should be thrown away.
- DO NOT dilute salad dressings with products such as water or milk as this may undo the safety built into the product.
If spices, flavors, vegetables or fruit are added to commercial salad dressings, DO NOT store these modified versions for long periods of time. It is recommended such products be kept for no longer than 24 hours under refrigeration.
Q: Can I freeze Marzetti Foodservice dressings?
A: No, freezing may create quality issues such as separation for dressings and sauces.
Q: Are any of the Marzetti Foodservice dressings Kosher?
A: No. The only Marzetti Foodservice items that are currently Kosher certified are 41308 01035 Marzetti Frozen Pasta Raw Egg Noodles, 41308 01056 Marzetti Frozen Pasta Raw Flat Dumplings, Southern Style and 23054 Red Salmon Caviar.
Q: How do I submit a comment/suggestion?
A: Click on Contact at the bottom of the site to submit a question, comment or suggestion.
Q: What are the benefits of Marzetti Frozen Precooked Pasta vs. Dry Pasta?
A: There are many benefits to precooked pasta including convenience and quick preparation time. Prep only what is needed and keep the rest frozen — this results in little or no wasted product and saves time and labor costs. Precooked frozen pasta creates consistent al dente results every time.