Few sensations can compare with the warm embrace of eating a Panini sandwich. That first bite when you taste the melted cheese… pure magic.
The Panini is getting the recognition it deserves, with the month of August offered up as a celebration of America’s favorite toasted sandwich. So the question is, are you going to be prepared to take advantage of this opportunity or is Panini-mania going to run wild on you?
The key to creating a unique Panini sandwich is to examine what other food trends you can use to create a unique, new offering. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use seasonal, locally sourced vegetables to add flavor and entice your customers with a limited time offering with a local connection.
- Add fruits to the mix, flavor combinations with a sweet element are on trend.
- Try using hummus instead of cheese in combination with these other ideas.
- The addition of dressings, like Ranch or Balsamic kick the flavor up a notch.
- Go beyond brioche, using garlic toast for your sandwiches is an easy way to add flavor with no additional prep.
Think outside the press. You can make a Panini out of nearly anything. Use your imagination and press it all with these Marzetti Panini Recipes:
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Panini
- Grilled Apple, Cheddar And Red Onion Panini (shown)
- Cuban Panini Breadstick Sandwich
- Roast Turkey or Ham Panini Sandwich